Monday, October 31, 2011

Contemporary Project

After my tutorial on Wednesday the 26.10.11 I found that my images of Abandonment and human Intervention were not represented or photographed correctly to portray this idea. Due to photographing greenery found in London for my original idea my tutor showed me the works of Eva Strenram where she photographed  greenery found in central London and have now diverted away from the idea of Abandonment and Human Intervention and I am now looking at Nature in the City and how it has become ordered and has to look a certain way in parts of the city centre of London.

Research : Eva Strenram




I am really fond of her work I love the way she has positioned the camera in a way that makes the viewer think she is observing this style of life. I feel her work portrays the idea I want to portray minus the animals. The fact that everybody represents the town houses with cities and the use of the controlled greenery and how  beautiful it looks. Strenram's images appear to be surreal as if this view is not possible in London.

Andreas Gursky 


Gursky's work also has the idea of nature surrounding man's made structures. As if this isn't a real scene. I am really fond of Image one I like the fact that you can see that this structure is in the middle of nowhere unlike Strenram's idea of nature in the City centre Gursky has photographed structures in the middle of nowhere people having to drive for miles to find this hidden location two different idea's linking nature and structure together.

No comments:

Post a Comment